#GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. The San Diego Green Building Council thrives on the contributions of our passionate community members through the many different ways they are able to give. While 2020 has been a devastating and challenging year for many, communities are working harder and with more drive than ever before to reimagine what sustainability means in our environment.
We want to take this opportunity to share more about our mission, initiatives, and ways you can give back to your local green building community on December 1st. We hope you will continue to support our organization and the many initiatives and programs that are going strong.
We are driven by our mission to inspire, educate, and collaborate within our community to transform our built environment toward true sustainability, and work towards our vision that buildings and communities will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation. We are continuing to grow this vision by the adoption of four key pillars which drive our education: Decarbonization, Water Reuse, Health & Wellness, and Equity.
2020 Initiatives, Partnerships & Achievements
- Women in Green: this passionate committee was able to launch their first scholarship this year, sending the recipient to the Greenbuild Virtual Conference & Expo
- Greenbuild Legacy Project: in partnership with with the Olivewood Gardens & Learning Center, this project is addressing equity in our food system, sustainable farming practices, and water reuse
- Green Assistance Program - Balboa Park: this hands-on learning experience is an SDGBC staple, this year volunteers are working with USGBC & Balboa Park to achieve LEED for Communities certification
- Green Assistance Program - S3: this student-based learning experience continued virtually, with over 20 new participants earning their GPRO credential
- Equity Working Group: this group is working internally and with our community to spread awareness and support for equity initiatives in the built environment, leading to our October Equity Summit which attracted 100+ virtual participants
- SD Living Future Collaborative: our powerhouse collaborative has executed monthly events, partnering with ILFI and local organizations to create interactive workshops
- SD Green New Deal Alliance: we are proud to be a member of the local alliance, paving the way for new partnerships and furthering our support of a decarbonized future
5 Ways to Give
- Become a member: there are five membership levels to choose from which gain you access to discounted or free event registration, on demand webinar recordings, and more
- Join a committee or working group: with over five different committees to choose from, there's something to meet everyone’s interests
- Sponsor our next event: have your company or organization represented at one of our upcoming educational events
- Spread the word: share our four key pillars with friends or colleagues who might be interested in getting involved
- Donate: 5, 10, 15 dollars or more - any contribution to our organization helps fund educational programs and initiatives
We are deeply grateful for the contributions and commitment that our community continues to share with the San Diego Green Building Council and look forward to to continuing working with you all. Looking for other organizations to support? We recommend some great partners below!