Are you interested in being part of an international movement to improve the quality of schools for our children and teachers?
The San Diego Green Building Council participates in the internationally recognized "Green Apple Day of Service" focused on making our schools more sustainable and healthier places.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Volunteer at a Green Apple Day of Service event in our community. Grab your friends and co-workers and be part of improving our schools. Events are scheduled year-round!
- Sponsor green schools financially or by making a donation of materials and supplies.
- Host your own Green Apple Day of Service Event - learn how at mygreenapple.org.
- Share these events with your friends and family and spread the message of why Green Schools are so important.
- Join the San Diego Green Building Council and get involved with committees and planning.
UPCOMING SERVICE DAYS
2021 Green Apple Day of Service Project:
Knob Hill Elementary School, San Marcos, CA 92069
Saturday, September 25, 2021 | 7:30 AM
Balfour Beatty Construction in partnership with the San Diego Green Building Council is hosting its 10th annual Green Apple Day of Service! This year we have the opportunity to host our event with the San Marcos Unified School District at Knob Hill Elementary School. Support our community and client by helping create an outdoors learning/ reading garden, build planter boxes, plant, and spread mulch!
If you are interested in volunteering please email us at [email protected]. In your email, please let us know if you plan to bring someone. You will receive a calendar invite for those that plan on attending.
*If you are a LEED professional you can earn 7.5 hours of required Continuing Education for attending.*
If you cannot be there or wish to give additional support, please donate here!
PREVIOUS SERVICE DAY
2020 Green Apple Day of Service Project:
Creating an Outdoor Learning Space at Garden Road Elementary School
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Balfour Beatty Construction in partnership with the San Diego Green Building Council hosted its 9th annual Green Apple Day of Service! This event was hosted with the Poway Unified School District, and built a new outdoor learning space at Garden Road Elementary School. In addition to creating this outdoor learning space, we revamped an existing garden, spread mulch, had a muralist create a large work of art, conducted general cleanup, and installed miscellaneous planting around the school grounds.
For more information about this event please read our post here.