Are you interested in being part of an international movement to improve the quality of schools for our children and teachers?
The San Diego Green Building Council participates in the internationally recognized "Green Apple Day of Service" focused on making our schools more sustainable and healthier places.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Volunteer at a Green Apple Day of Service event in our community. Grab your friends and co-workers and be part of improving our schools. Events are scheduled year-round!
- Sponsor green schools financially or by making a donation of materials and supplies.
- Host your own Green Apple Day of Service Event - learn how at mygreenapple.org.
- Share these events with your friends and family and spread the message of why Green Schools are so important.
- Join the San Diego Green Building Council and get involved with committees and planning.
UPCOMING SERVICE DAYS
FELICITA ELEMENTARY - BALFOUR BEATTY CONSTRUCTION
In partnership with Balfour Beatty Construction, our 2019 GADS will be hosted for the Escondido Union School District.
When: Saturday, September 28th, 2019 (Starting at 7:30am)
Where: Felicita Elementary School - 737 W 13th Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
What: Creating an outdoor learning space/reading garden, building benches/walkways, spreading mulch, painting/decorating, general cleanup and miscellaneous planting
Why: Support our community and contribute to our Sustainability Program. Also, if you are a LEED professional you can earn 7.5 hours of required Continuing Education for attending.
Watch the video below to learn about 2018's successful project:
TAFT MIDDLE SCHOOL - BRUMMITT ENERGY ASSOCIATES
When: Thursday, September 26th, 2019 (Starting at 8:30am)
Where: Taft Middle School - 9191 Gramercy Drive, San Diego, CA 92123
What: The team will work with 2 science classes to plant a couple of raised garden beds and vertical planter pocket walls. The Principal, Hortencia Garcia-Rubio, would like to work on rejuvenating the existing garden and expanding it to a new space near the student lunch court.
You may contact Courtney Bonas for more information on this project, firstname.lastname@example.org