Who are we?
The San Diego Living Future Collaborative (or LFC for short) is a group of volunteers focused on supporting International Living Future Institute's mission locally. Specifically, our mission includes:
- Educating the local community about the Living Building Challenge (LBC) and other sustainable rating systems.
- Advocating for local policy changes to remove existing barriers to sustainable technologies and strategies.
- Consulting on projects considering pursuit of the Living Building Challenge or its related certifications.
What are we working on?
The San Diego Collaborative is working on several Living Building Challenge and ILFI initiatives
- Inspiring local action around key sustainability topics by hosting 4 roundtable events focused on Energy, Water, Materials, Health, and Social Equity
- Facilitating water reuse policy in San Diego by coordinating local municipality and California state code roadmaps
What's coming up?
We'll be launching a new movement for this committee coming 2022!
If you're an SDGBC member, you can now view available SD LFC webinars on our Member Resources page.
Meet the Committee:
Current Committee Officials
- Josh Dean, CEM, LEED AP O+M - Facilitator
- Ravi Bajaj, WELL AP, LEED AP+ - Ambassador
- Colleen FitzSimons, PMP, LEED BD+C/ID+C, GPR - Ambassador
- John Ambert, AIA, NCARB, LEED BD+C - Ambassador
How do I get involved?
Reach out to us at [email protected], and we'll make sure you know about upcoming events and opportunities to participate!
We offer presentations on the Living Building Challenge and affiliate programs for free!
Please contact us to schedule a presentation: [email protected]