Who are we?
The San Diego Living Future Collaborative (or LFC for short) is a group of volunteers focused on supporting International Living Future Institute's mission locally. Specifically, our mission includes:
- Educating the local community about the Living Building Challenge (LBC) and other sustainable rating systems.
- Advocating for local policy changes to remove existing barriers to sustainable technologies and strategies.
- Consulting on projects considering pursuit of the Living Building Challenge or its related certifications.
What are we working on?
The San Diego Collaborative is working on several Living Building Challenge and ILFI initiatives
- Inspiring local action around key sustainability topics by hosting 4 roundtable events focused on Energy, Water, Materials, Health, and Social Equity
- Facilitating water reuse policy in San Diego by coordinating local municipality and California state code roadmaps
Check out our upcoming events in 2019:
- June: SDGBC Summer Social
- July: Zero Net Energy Roundtable
- August: Water Roundtable
- October 2-4: Net Zero Conference - Los Angeles Convention Center
- October 18: San Diego Green Building Conference & Expo
- November: Materials + Human Health Roundtable
- December: SDGBC Winter Social
Meet the Committee!
Current Committee Officials
- Josh Dean, CEM, LEED AP O+M - Facilitator
- Ravi Bajaj, WELL AP, LEED AP+ - Ambassador
- Colleen FitzSimons, PMP, LEED BD+C/ID+C, GPR - Ambassador
- John Ambert, AIA, NCARB, LEED BD+C - Ambassador
How do I get involved?
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll make sure you know about upcoming events and opportunities to participate!