With 2020 redefining the way we connect, share ideas, and collaborate, our local Living Future Collaborative was determined to remain engaged and provide the best education opportunities for our community.
The San Diego Living Future Collaborative (or LFC for short) is a group of volunteers focused on supporting the International Living Future Institute's mission locally. LFC's goals include:
- Educating the local community about the Living Building Challenge (LBC) and other sustainable rating systems.
- Advocating for local policy changes to remove existing barriers to sustainable technologies and strategies.
- Consulting on projects considering pursuit of the Living Building Challenge or its related certifications.
This team of passionate volunteers: John Ambert, Ravi Bajaj, Colleen FitzSimons, Josh Dean, and Bridget Rickman worked diligently to continue offering monthly content throughout the year, despite the quick learning curve and transition to online platforms.
The San Diego Green Building Council was proud to honor the San Diego Living Future Collaborative with our Dorothée Lienhart Volunteer of the Year Award on December 10th, 2020.
Some highlights of the Collaborative’s accomplishments this year include:
- 10 successful events - including one in-person volunteer outreach mixer in February and nine online webinars, reaching various ILFI related topics like Net Zero Energy, Healthy Materials and the CORE rating system.
- 160 + participants over the year including students, professionals, community members and more!
- An interactive workshop featuring DPR Construction, Green Dinosaur, Humanscale, Miller Hull and ILFI team members to examine the challenges and triumphs of achieving the JUST social justice transparency label.
The San Diego Green Building Council looks forward to continuing hosting the local Living Future Collaborative and supporting their education on regenerative buildings. Keep an eye on the SD Living Future Collaborative page for future events, 2021 goals, and ways to get involved.