Join us for these ongoing sessions in the 2019 San Diego Regional Energy Partnership (SDREP) Education Series.
DATES: October 30th, November 6th, 14th, and 18th (Exam Date TBD)
TIME: 8am - 11am
LOCATION: City of El Cajon PD Community Room - 100 Civic Center Way, El Cajon 92020
VIEW FULL PROGRAM FLYER HERE
What is GPRO?
GPRO is a certificate program developed by Urban Green Council that teaches the people who build, renovate, and maintain buildings the tools to integrate high-performance construction and maintenance practices into their everyday work. The holistic approach to sustainability training combined with expert advice and the latest adult learning techniques—has made GPRO an education trailblazer for building trades and operators across the country.
What will you learn?
PART 1: Fundamentals of Building Green
- Overview of green building strategies
- Economic and health benefits of a green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate on buildings
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- The importance of building commissioning
PART 2: Operations + Maintenance
- Take a systemic approach to operating and maintaining your building
- Evaluate the performance of your building
- Describe at least three immediately actionable measures that will improve the health, energy, or water efficiency of your building and the next steps needed to achieve them
- Explain the costs and benefits of those measures
GPRO Exam and Credential
Participants who successfully complete all GPRO trainings and pass the multiple-choice exam become GPRO certificate holders, a credential that’s the top choice of forward-thinking organizations and employers in the country.
This initiative is part of the San Diego Regional Energy Partnership's Local Government Partnerships Program, which is partially funded by California utility customers and administered by San Diego Gas & Electric® under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.