Date: Tuesday, June 22nd & Wednesday, June 23rd*
Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Location: SDGBC Zoom Platform (Online)
Price: $50 (Includes training & exam fees.)
*Please note: you must attend both sessions to sit for the exam
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
GPRO is a certificate program that teaches the people who build, renovate, and maintain buildings the tools to integrate high-performance construction and maintenance practices into their everyday work. GPRO’s holistic approach to sustainability training have made GPRO an education trailblazer for building trades and operators across the country. In GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green, you will learn how to see buildings differently and understand the strategies that make them efficient, healthy and resilient. GPRO Fundamentals is designed for a range of real estate, construction, architecture and engineering professionals. This course is ideal for anyone who needs a better understanding of high-performance building, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering.
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations support staff
- College students interested in entering the building and construction industry
- How reducing building energy will reduce the effects of climate change
- Basic elements of green, high-performance construction and building operations
- Roles of trades on high-performance job sites
- Energy-consuming building systems and some strategies to reduce building energy use
Target Audience: Facility Managers, Students, Municipality Staff, AEC Community
Learning Level: Beginner
This class is eligible for continuing education units from the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and The American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Robert Carr, MA, LEED AP O+M, LFA
Robert Carr is a consultant who specializes in making our region’s built environment more sustainable. He is a LEED AP, LFA, and GPRO instructor and has used this experience to participate in many LEED projects with local organizations including the San Diego Green Building Council. Robert also volunteers for SD 350 and the San Diego Green New Deal Alliance to advocate for just, equitable and sustainable communities for all. Previously, Robert was a science teacher in San Diego Unified School District and a flight instructor.
What you receive:
4-hour training course (over two days, must attend BOTH days to sit for exam)
PDF version of GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green workbook/study guide
This event is made possible through the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center: