The Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, which was launched in 2002, is the world's largest conference and expo dedicated to green building. Greenbuild features several days of inspiring speakers, industry showcases, specialty workshops, tours of the host city's green buildings and invaluable networking opportunities. The event has been hosted in major cities across the U.S. including Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta and more. In November 2020, Greenbuild is coming to San Diego for the first time and the San Diego Green Building Council will be serving as the official host chapter!
This is an incredible opportunity for us to showcase local projects and expertise while bringing attention to issues of particular importance to our region. While Greenbuild is a meeting of national and international experts in the field during one week in November 2020, our goal is to leverage the event to engage the broader local community in discussions and activities that raise awareness around sustainability and the built environment throughout the year leading up to the event.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 GREENBUILD TOURS NOW OPEN
To highlight San Diego's influential leadership in sustainability, the Greenbuild Host Committee is soliciting applications for sustainable projects and efforts in the San Diego region to become a part of a full or half day tour. Applications are welcome from any and all sustainable efforts which may be visited in the area. It is important to note that tour sites are not required to be a building, or to be LEED certified. Let's showcase the innovative sustainable designs and influential initiatives San Diego has!
Application Window Opens: February 27, 2020
Questions Must be Submitted by: March 13, 2020 (FAQ will be posted week of March 16th)
Application Deadline: March 23, 2020 (11:59pm PST)
*Please note: applications will be collected via Google Forms, you will not be able to save online and return later. Please review this PDF Version of the questions in order to better prepare yourself for submittal process. Thank you.
San Diego Green Building Council - Host Chapter Role
The Greenbuild team at Informa Exhibitions and USGBC (national) is responsible for overall conference planning and management, including running the process by which sessions are chosen, soliciting sponsors, managing registration, and conference greening.
The official duties for SDGBC as the Host Chapter include:
- Forming a working Host Committee, which includes five subcommittees
- Recruiting and working with official Local Partner Organizations on conference promotion
- Producing a wide range of half and full day regional green building tours
- Identifying and coordinating a Greenbuild Legacy Project - a permanent gift of service to the city that targets low-income populations, is community supported and has an educational component
- Working with local hotels and restaurants on greening their operations and promoting their offerings
- Recruiting and coordinating student volunteers to contribute to overall sustainability goals of the event
Outside of these official capacities, hosting Greenbuild is an opportunity for us to show-off San Diego and our region as a global model of a sustainable and culturally vibrant community. We look to our members and industry leaders to help show visitors what makes San Diego a beacon of innovation and progress in the sustainability world!
Host Committee Overview
- Honorary Host Committee - the honorary host committee is to be comprised of dignitaries in our community who lend their name to our Greenbuild efforts, attend Host City events, and are on-call for specific asks.
- Host Committee - the host committee will be led by two Co-Chairs who are the primary leaders of our Greenbuild efforts. The Host Committee Chairs will help to plot our overall vision and work with subcommittees to set and ensure they are meeting their goals and timelines. This Committee will also be populated by the Chair of each subcommittee and the SDGBC Executive Director.
Subcommittees - Each subcommittee will be led by a Chair and Vice-Chair, and additional volunteer committee members.
- Sales & Marketing
- Legacy Project
- Regional Partners
- Volunteer & Greening
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.