Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Location: SDGBC Zoom Platform (Online)
Price: $50 (Includes training & exam fees.)
GPRO is a certificate program that teaches the people who build, renovate, and maintain buildings the tools to integrate high-performance construction and maintenance practices into their everyday work. GPRO’s holistic approach to sustainability training have made GPRO an education trailblazer for building trades and operators across the country. In GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green, you will learn how to see buildings differently and understand the strategies that make them efficient, healthy and resilient. GPRO Fundamentals is designed for a range of real estate, construction, architecture and engineering professionals. This course is ideal for anyone who needs a better understanding of high-performance building, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering.
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations support staff
- College students interested in entering the building and construction industry
- How reducing building energy will reduce the effects of climate change
- Basic elements of green, high-performance construction and building operations
- Roles of trades on high-performance job sites
- Energy-consuming building systems and some strategies to reduce building energy use
Target Audience: Facility Managers, Students, Municipality Staff, AEC Community
Learning Level: Beginner
This class is eligible for continuing education units from the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and The American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Josh Dean, CEM, USGBC Faculty
Executive Director – San Diego Green Building Council
Josh has over 12 years of professional experience working in the sustainability, construction and real estate fields. Josh holds a Master of Science in Energy Policy and Climate from Johns Hopkins University, a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management from Southern Polytechnic State University, and is a Certified Energy Manager and LEED AP O+M. He has managed a number of local LEED and energy projects with a focus towards community education and driving regenerative design.
What you receive:
4-hour training course
PDF version of GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green workbook/study guide
This event is made possible through the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center: