2021 SUBMISSION EXTENDED DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 10, 2021
To advocate for sustainable projects and strategies in San Diego.
Identify award winning projects and teams to promote them within our community.
Call for Entries
This year, the SDGBC Winter Social Awards program will continue to promote the broad initiatives taking place in the sustainability community.
- Sustainable Patron Award: This category recognizes an individual whose vision, leadership and commitment have been fundamental to the evolution of our green building industry. Submissions will require 2-15 slides/pages (with text and/or images) attesting to the ways the nominee contributed to great sustainable design in San Diego County. There is no charge to submit a nominee for this award.
- Sustainable Organization / NGO Award: This category recognizes an organization whose vision, leadership and commitment have been fundamental to the evolution of our green building industry. Submissions will require 2-15 slides/pages (with text and/or images) attesting to the ways the nominee contributed to great sustainable design in San Diego County. There is no charge to submit a nominee for this award.
- Sustainable Business Practices Award: This category recognizes businesses that have initiated or completed innovative sustainability practices, programs, or projects within the past five years. A jury chosen by the San Diego Green Building Council’s Green Business Committee will select one small business and one medium/large business to receive an award. Please review the award criteria listed in the intake form here. Please see submittal fees below.
- Sustainable Student Design Award: This category recognizes distinguished achievement and quality design in student projects promoting sustainable principles, initiatives and innovation. Submissions will require 7-15 slides/pages, that adequately represent the project, including drawings of a site plan, floor plan(s), a minimum of 4 sections, or 3-D views. There is no fee to submit a nominee for this award.
- Any individual or organization in San Diego County or Tijuana, may be submitted.
- Anyone can submit an individual or organization for an award.
- People or organizations previously awarded a similar SDGBC award are not eligible for re-entry.
Sustainable Business Practices
- Any business in San Diego County or Tijuana, may be submitted.
- Anyone can submit a business for an award.
- Businesses previously awarded a similar SDGBC award are not eligible for re-entry.
Sustainable Student Design
- Any design project from a graduate student or fourth/fifth year undergraduate student (since January 1, 2021) with NewSchool of Architecture and Design or Woodbury University School of Architecture in San Diego.
- Projects previously awarded a similar SDGBC award are not eligible for re-entry.
- Entries must be designed since January 1, 2020.
Each submission shall include:
- For Patron, Organization, or Student Design: Completed Awards Narrative slide and Supporting Information slides (included in the PowerPoint submittal template that you can download here) must be emailed to [email protected]
- For Business Practices: Completed Submittal via intake form here, any supporting documents to be emailed to [email protected]
- Photo Release Form (download here) is also required for all photos included in submittals and should be included with submittals emailed to [email protected]
Registration opens: November 2, 2021
Submission deadline: December 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM (Email to [email protected])
Awards Celebration at the Winter Social (January 13, 2022, details tbd)
To be determined.
Submission Cost - Sustainable Business Practices Award only*
*Please note these prices are for 2021 and subject to change in the future.
SDGBC Member: $50
SDGBC Non-Member: $100
Winning entries are public information, and summaries of winning applications will be published. Awards will be given at the sole discretion of the judges. Nominations in a category do not automatically mean that an award will be given in that category. Judging criteria is based upon meeting the intent of the submitted category, exhibiting a transformation in the built environment and exemplifying innovation, creativity and good design.
View the 2019 award winners, here.
View the 2020 award winners, here.
View the 2021 project award winners, here.
Contact [email protected].